Which port should we open on firewall/routers for PPTP VPN to work well?
Mostly you should get 1723 TCP port opened, also your firewall/router/ISP must allow VPN/PPTP pass-through for PPTP VPN (in order to pass GRE protocol data).
Are you sure PPTP VPN can secure my internet access?
Once users connect to Free Mobile VPN service, the computer or network device is assigned with new IP address and new DNS servers. Since then all Internet traffic is encrypted with MPPE128 bits key and is tunneled to VPN network. No one can sniff the encrypted data stream between computers and VPN network.
I got Error 806: a connection between your computer and the VPN server has been established but the VPN connection cannot be completed, what's that?
Most common reason for it is that there is at least one internet device between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow GRE protocol packets.
Verify that protocol 47 GRE is allowed on all personal firewall devices or routers:
1) if you have a router/firewall, make sure you open TCP Port 1723, IP Protocol 47 (GRE).
2) make sure you can reach the VPN server by ping to PPTP VPN server IP address. Sometimes, poor connection may cause this issue too.
3) You may need to updated firmware on a router or firewall.
4) The VPN server may not be able to get IP from DHCP for the VPN client. So, you may want to re-configure VPN host networking settings. For XP pro VPN host, go to the Properties of the VPN>Network, check Specify TCP/IP address and Allow calling computer to specify its own IP address, and uncheck Assign TCP/IP addresses automatically using DHCP.
5) Make sure other secure software blocks your access, for example, if you use Norton secure software, you may need to add the remote client’s IP so that the client can access.
To avoid the DNS hijacking from local ISP, you can manually configure Google DNS servers for your PC: DNS1: 18.104.22.168 , DNS2: 22.214.171.124
I got Error 721: Remote PPP peer or computer is not responding, how to fix this?
Please check the router settings and make sure TCP Port 1723, IP Protocol 47 (GRE) are opened. Also make sure that the router has the PPTP enabled and not firewall block the traffic.
Do you allow P2P/Torrent traffic?
To maintain a high quality VPN service and to avoid possible service interruption, we don’t allow P2P/Torrent traffic on our Free Mobile VPN service. Also illegal network activities and internet offenses are strongly prohibitted, and once dispute happened, the detail access logs may subject to send to 3rd party for investigation purpose, thanks for your understanding.
Any question, please send us email to: email@example.com, thanks.